All State Band Information
February 15, 2021
RE: Missouri All-State Band Cuts Released, Registration, Recording Submission and Payment Process
Dear Band Directors,
It is time to register for Missouri All-State Band Auditions. Please read all parts of the email carefully as you register, upload, and pay for your entries.
The cuts for each section should be played in the order listed on the page. Print the cuts so the student can have a copy on their stand. LINK TO CUTS
Registration will be done through the website Festival Scores (this is not connected to MBA Membership). Follow the steps below to get started.
- You will need to create an account if you have not already done so. As you create your profile we DO NOT NEED any member ID information.
- Using the tabs at the top of the page, add your school(s).
- Using the tabs at the top of the page add your students that are auditioning.
- You DO NOT need to complete the following categories:
- Student Music Bio
- Special Needs Considerations
- If the student is auditioning on multiple instruments type their preference in the box INSTRUMENT PREFERENCE. If the student is auditioning for multiple ensembles, type their preference in the box GROUP PREFERENCE.
- Click on “Audition Events” and “Activate New Event” on the tab at the top of the page.
- Click “Entries” to add students to the audition event. You will be able to add the mp3 files February 18-March 1, 2021.
Band Directors are required to supervise all recordings. The recording must fit the following criteria. Any recordings that do not fit the criteria will be disqualified.
- Music shall be played in the order of the cuts supplied by the Missouri Bandmasters Association.
- Recording must be a non-stop and unedited recording that includes scales and etudes. The recording should never pause or stop. Absolutely no digital effects such as echo, reverb, etc.
- Recording must be in MP3 format.
- Percussion will submit 2 recordings. Recording 1 is their primary audition and recording 2 is their Multi-percussion audition
The fee for Missouri All-State Band Auditions is $15 per audition. Payment is required by March 12. Failure to pay by this deadline will result in a $25 late fee being assessed.
The window for credit card payment is February 18-March 1, CLICK HERE. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO PAY VIA THE MBA WEBSITE. To pay by credit card over the phone, call Kurt Bauche at 573.756.7990. Leave a message with a callback number and a convenient time you can be reached.
Checks may be made to Missouri Bandmasters Association and mailed to the following address, postmarked by March 5. INVOICE LINK
MISSOURI BANDMASTERS ASSOCIATION, INC.
Kurt D. Bauche, Secretary/Treasurer
2627 Oak Ridge Drive
Farmington, MO 63640
MISSOURI ALL-STATE BAND TIMELINE
- February 18- Recording submission window opens, payment window opens
- March 1- Final day for submissions, payment window closes
- March 5 – Postmark deadline for mail in payment
- March 6-8 Judging window open
- March 15- Results will be posted
We look forward to seating the 2020-2021 Missouri All-State Band. We hope you will consider joining the Missouri Bandmaster Association. If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missouri All-State Band Coordinator
2020-2021 District Band Audition Info:
For the 2020-2021 school year the NEMO All District Band and Jazz Band will be going to an online audition submission process. Due to uncertainty of school travel and extra curricular events this will be a non-performing ensemble at this time. Please click the link below for the district band cuts and registration instructions/guidelines
Band Scholarship: NEMO_District_Scholarship
Band Grant: NEMMEABandGrant